Dear Captain, broker and crew member,
we are keen to keep you updated with all info regarding Covid-19 restrictions in Sardinia/ Italy, as we have been doing in the last months since the pandemic has started.
In this specific newsletter we are happy to share with you the very last update related to Italian situation and also a detailed update regarding Caribbean, as many of you may be thinking about crossing for the winter.Italy
(update valid from 14/10 to 13/11/20)
Italy has extended the status of national emergency until 31/01/2021.
Everyone arriving in Italy from Belgium, France (the whole territory), Holland, UK, Czech Republic, Malta, Croatia, Spain and Greece is required to present upon arrival a negative report of a swab test done within 72 hours prior to arrival.
Maritime crews are exempted from this, however we suggest to do a swab test upon arrival for the sake of clarity.
For more information regarding arrival from other countries please see the latest update of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the link below:https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/normativaonline/decreto-iorestoacasa-domande-frequenti/focus-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia.html Once in Italy:
- Masks: Italian last Decree introduces the obligation to always carry respiratory protective devices with you. Masks must be worn not only in closed places accessible to the public, but more generally in indoor places other than private homes and also in all outdoor places. Exceptions are made to these obligations, both indoors and outdoors:
- subjects doing sports activities: the outdoor activities are allowed in compliance with the interpersonal safety distance of at least 2 metres.
- children under 6 years
- subjects with pathologies and disabilities incompatible with use of a mask
- the use of respiratory protection is recommended even inside private homes in the presence of non-cohabiting people.
Updated restrictions on activities and social life:
Activities at gyms, swimming pools, public and private sports centers are allowed in compliance with the current rules without gatherings. Contact sports for professional clubs in compliance with the protocols issued by CONI are allowed, while amateur contact sports are prohibited (eg. football, five-a-side football, basketball, volleyball)
Theater performances, concert halls, cinemas with pre-assigned seats and distances of at least 1 metre are allowed with max 1000 people outdoors and 200 indoors per room.
Has been suspended events in closed spaces that involve gathering and disregarding distances and also suspended dance halls and discos activities, both in open and closed areas.
No parties allowed both in open and closed places: parties for ceremonies are allowed with up to 30 people.
Private homes: avoid parties and in case of reception of non-cohabiting people max 6 people in total everyone wearing protective masks and respecting the interpersonal distance of 1 meter.
- Catering & food service:
Catering activities such as bars, pubs, restaurants, pastry shops are allowed until h. 00.00 with consumption at the table and up to h. 21.00 in the absence of consumption at the table; home restoration and take away allowed with ban on consumption on the spot after h. 21.00.
Always maintain an interpersonal safety distance of at least one meter and constant and thorough hand hygiene.
In the workplace, the current safety rules continue to apply.
- App Immuni: we suggest the download of app Immuni as per Italian Health Minister suggestion. Immuni is an app that helps us fight the COVID-19 epidemic. The app uses technology to alert the users who have had a risky exposure even if they are asymptomatic.
Immuni has been designed and developed while taking great care to safeguard user privacy. Any data, collected and managed by the Ministry of Health and by public bodies, is stored on servers located in Italy. All the data and app connections with the server are protected. The app sends a notification to people who were in close contact with a user who tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, alerting them of the risk of infection. Thanks to Bluetooth Low Energy technology, this takes place without the app gathering any data on the identity or the location of its users.
Everyone who wants to be tested upon arrival in Sardinia for a personal check can still ask for our assistance. Nautica Assistance is able to assist all yachts with the following test possibilities:
- rapid antigen swab test (results in approx 30 minutes)
- qualitative rapid test (results within 1 day)
- quantitative serological blood test (results in 24/48 hours)
- molecular swab test (results in 4/ 5 working days)